62490 Oak Smoked Kippers Twinpack -390g (RETAIL)
Lowestoft Cure Oak Smoked Kippers (62490)
Single or Two Whole Fish (Clupea harengus) approx 390g Kippers Vacuum Packed.
Our Kippers are smoked the old fashioned way with care and attention.
We hand select the Herring and hand cut (Kipper) them before brining and curing them with Kosher grade salt. They are smoked slowly over Norfolk Oak for up to 36 hours (depending on the weather) before being chilled and packed.
Our Kippers are unique and distinctive, the flavour is very traditional being smoked in 100 % pure seasoned Oak in 150 year old brick smoking kilns.
It's true that all kippers have different characteristics, ours are just that bit different and that bit better.
- Grill or Simmer for 3-4 Mins -
- Add butter when serving if desired -
- or boil in the bag for 5 Mins
- Catch Area FAO Area 27 (Atlantic, Northeast).
- Approx serving size 200 g (after taking the bones out)
- Use within 3 days of opening.
- Please beware this product contains bones
- Allergens Include Fish
This product can be frozen but please do so well before the use by date to preserve the flavour of the fish.
If you want to know how they are cured read "The Cure for a Good Kipper" .
Nutrition Guide Kipper (Cured Herring)